When it comes to choosing performance management software, there are two approaches your organisation can take. Selecting the right approach can be the difference between success and failure. Therefore, we have written a blog on the topic of evolution vs revolution in Performance Management Software to outline both approaches.
If the following criteria apply to your organisation then an evolutionary approach should be taken:
1. If you have an existing paper-based process that you want to take online. The organisation’s main driver is reducing the administrative burden and streamlining the process.
2. The organisation has a specific way of administering pay or reward against your current process. Therefore, you need to retain or replicate this, making it quicker and easier.
3. If some of your workforces lack certain technical capabilities and therefore require a system that evolves with them over time.
A revolutionary approach may work well for you if for example:
1. You are a smaller business without established paper-based systems and/or it isn’t essential for everyone to take on the new approach.
2. Furthermore, this approach may work with a younger, tech-savvy, creative workforce and/or Inspirational Leadership who are highly effective at motivating and driving behavioural change.
Pro’s – These solutions are highly configurable and can be used to replicate your existing paper-based processes. You can set up multiple templates and interfaces to provide simplicity or extra functionality within your own organisation.
Con’s – You may need to pay a setup fee for this configuration; the US providers tend to be significantly more expensive and more suitable for Large Enterprise.
Providers of such performance management systems include:
Pro’s – A revolutionary approach is perfect for smaller (Sub 50) organisations. This is because they haven’t got established performance management processes to replicate. Furthermore, they are also simple to use without training and involve no setup costs
Con’s – If ‘out of the box’ doesn’t work for your business then it could be short-sighted; as a result, this can feel a bit ‘faddish’ or short term.
*Please note that we have identified UK providers as many of our UK and European clients consider this to be a benefit in terms of access to service and support.
Choosing the best performance management software for your business can be challenging. Therefore, we have tried to simplify the two approaches that your business could choose to take. If you think that an evolutionary approach could work best for your business, learn about Actus Performance Management Software by requesting a system demo.
Disclaimer – This blog has made every effort to be objective and helpful, however, this is a fast-moving marketplace so we cannot be held liable by any inaccuracies in our evaluation.